EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

TERRIBLE New Porsche Cayenne

manu_sachdeva

Empfohlene Beiträge

I had the pleasure of driving around the Silverstone racetrack in a Cayenne Turbo a few weeks ago, and it really was a very big pleasure! It is damn fast, and handles amazingly for something so big. 450BHP and brake disks to match - it really is quite an attractive car in the flesh - looking, and driving like every bit of its £70,000 price tag.

If you watch the videos on the Porsche website you'll see that it's perfectly capeable of offroading, pretty quickly aswell.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 64
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

The Cayenne is very capable off-road, as well as on the road. It is a very well engineered vehicle. Granted, the average Cayenne buyer may better fit the profile of a yuppie or rich soccer mom, but this SUV, in the hands of the right person, easily stands out as a genuine Porsche. Also, unfortunately, without a more mainstream vehicle, Porsche could find itself in another financial crisis. Although executives may be calling the shots instead of engineers, at least they're Porsche executives, and not executives of Ford, Chrysler, or any other company.

at my lake cabin this weekend, the quintessential Porsche Cayanne experience (beware of language ahead).

There are two cayanne's on our street. One belongs to a wealthy eye surgeon, the other to Vicki Ingstadt. Vicki's husband owns the chevy, cadillac, olds, buick, and hummer dealers in fargo. She drives a cayanne.

My uncle, who owns the local boat dealer was sitting on the patio with me, and a number of other family members, Vicki speeds down the little road, slams her brakes in front of the cabin, shouts "fucker!" out her window, and speeds off.

These are the people who drive cayanne, see why I don't like them?

it's a real shame that stuck up people can buy things that make them even more stuck up. Too bad there's not a screening process for potential buyers of fine automobiles. That way we wouldn't have to put up with spoiled people like that who probably wouldn't even know what to do if they found themselves off the pavement in a Cayenne.

That reminds me, whenever I see an E46 M3 on the road in my town, it's a cell phone talking businessguy or a housewife type behind the wheel. When these cars hit the used car market, then they will finally land in the hands of real enthusiasts who are worthy of such machinery.

As for the Ceyenne, well, housewives is probably just who Porsche had in mind.

• 1 Monat später...

My company is close to a MAJOR investment, and I will be able to drive what ever I want very soon.

I have been looking at a number of cars, and I found one that sums up and satisfies everything I was looking for in personal transportation.

The Cayenne Turbo.

At first I didn't like the body or name, I just happened to check out an article online, and the performance reported in the article piqued my curiosity...I read about it for the last two weeks, and I stopped over for a test drive yesterday...

I love this vehicle!

The handling was superb. I took it through some serious moves. I had my three daughters in the back seat and they loved it! The acceleration also blew me away. I love everything about this vehicle.

I planned on buying a sport sedan and a suv. Now I don't have to. The Cayenne Turbo is everything I want in a vehicle

Does anyone know where I can get ALL of the Porsche logos removed (shaved)? I also would like to have my own car badges made...please help me out!

PS

Hamann makes an awesome kit for these babies, please let me know if you know where I can find more...

I agree, I don't like the design of Cayenne too.

And it is a philosophic question, if Porsche should build a SUV.

But one thing is no question: The performance is Porsche-like.

It's one of the best mix or the best mix at all of combination of off-road and high-speed quality.

242 km/h for the Cayenne S and 266 km/h for the Cayenne Turbo is an own class.

My personnell experience:

I was on the highway (Germany) and behind me there were lights coming closer. The lights were bright and in a very high position. I went faster and faster and they came closer and then I saw what I supposed: It was a Cayenne. What else?

We were 240 fast and he was close behind me ...

It´s not really a sportscar but as fast as one ...

Ähhh, by the way: I can´t go off-road with my car to follow him, not really ...

It's a super-sport-SUV (a super-sport-sport-utility-vehicle, if you will). You gotta at least praise Porsche for having the testicular fortitude to put it's reputation on the line and build this monster (however you choose to see the "monster"). It doesn't look half bad, in my opinion, and it's the perfect car (in black) if you want to look like a sinister @$$-hole.

I'm not sure it was the testicular fortitude of Porsche to build the Cayenne, so much as a testicular squeeze from Volkswagen. VW is really forceful in that way. They want to make the most money possible per platform.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo manu_sachdeva,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Porsche Cayenne (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

A six cylinder base model Porsche Ceyanne?... You hear that? It's the sound of somebody rolling in their grave again, and they just might come back to have someone's head for this. This is going to be " Night of the Living Dead " before too long.

Yes the rumours about the 6-cyl. Cayenne are true, and there's also a super Cayenne with 500HP or more to be produced.

As for "Volkswagen's Testicular Squeeze", they don't have a say in what Porsche does. They developed the Touareg with Porsche, so the Cayenne and the Touareg share a lot more than just Aryan genes. But Porsche could've just decided to NOT make an SUV if they wanted to. But they wanted to, and I raise a glass to them for doing what most wouldn't dare.

I saw a black Turbo Cayenne a few days ago, and man does that thing scare the crap out of everyone! It's deep-throated engine growl combined with the insane un-SUV-like speed was like all hell breaking loose. And it looked sleek.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...