EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

TERRIBLE New Porsche Cayenne

manu_sachdeva

Empfohlene Beiträge

Diesels will likely never see widespread popularity in north america, and a touareg, like an X5, ML, or a cayanne is a tall car. It's ability to tow, its cargo space, and its real world off-roadability is limited.

• 1 Monat später...
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 64
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

"For Porsche to remain independent, it can't be dependent on the most fickle segment in the market."

-Wendelin Wiedeking, Porsche CEO

I'm not really all about SUV's, but the Cayenne does seem to be a true Porsche. It has tremendous off-road capabilities, as well as unbelievable road capabilities, in accordance with the heart and soul of Porsche. Seriously, how many SUV's can you think that go 0-60 in about 5 seconds?

The fact of the matter, though, is that Porsche, although reporting good profits of late, almost sank in the early 90's. Because of this, the company must expand some in order to keep producing those famous cars that we all love so much. I, personally, would prefer an extraordinary marque such as Porsche to remain as Porsche, and not some subsidiary of some other ordinary car manufacturer.

• 3 Wochen später...

I find this disgustingly offensive. Most of you people just whine and bitch about a car that you know very little about. I think the Cayenne actually looks very nice (looks aggressive like a tank). I'd love to see a Cayenne on a battlefield with camouflage military painting :D . Wouldn't you? And besides if I had the money I'd definitely buy a Cayenne (preferrably a black or silver or dark metallic blue one). Besides what makes you think, manu_sachdeva, that Porsche has shot itself in the foot? I think Porsche is the only company that is in the position to do something this risky. And not only that, but if Porsche has ruined it's reputation or something by making the Cayenne, the Porsche GT will more than help redeem them. Enough already about how "disgusting" the Cayenne is.... :evil: I'd like to see other SUV makers challenge Porsche. Hell, I'd like to see Porsche build anything from Cranes and Tractors to Military Fighter Jets. :D

• 2 Wochen später...

Thank You! Finally somone agrees with me on this! By the way there's a new commercial for the Cayenne on TV (I don't know if you've seen it). I wonder what percentage of the viewers they're targeting! Funny!

I agree with the original poster of this thread. If Porsche had to go into the SUV market, they could have done it A MILLION times better than this. I saw one here in town the other day, and I was appauled that Porsche could create something so hideous. I think the 4.6 X5 and G wagons look terrific, and Porsche couldn't have come up with something that rivals them in looks? :-? What a huge mistake.

28.gif :x Enough already! Screw the looks (though they ARE good). It rivals them in performance (in Turbo form at least), and it's got equal performance to them in S form. Also, the looks are a matter of opinion. I DO think this could have looked better (somewhat), but what you people are doing by trashing Porsche for it's first shot at the SUV market is appauling to say the least. this repulsive ignorance has to stop. If Porsche receive support for this maybe they'll create somethig much better in the future. That is, if people stop whining and *. I don't see YOU making an SUV! 20.gif If you can't bring any logical argument to the table as to why Porsche's attempt to enter the SUV market is a failure (other than justifying everything you say with the basis on "looks") then your comments are pointless. Everyone could have their opinions about looks, and we're not all supposed to like the same thing, but you don't see people knocking BMW's X5 because it looks like a fattened-up 5-series with too much junk in the trunk! that's because it's pointless.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but if you want mine, I think people's attitude towards this thing is more repulsive than the Cayenne itself ever could be. End of story.

<thepolarfoxqx: YOU WILL DESIST IN FOUL LANGUAGE!!!.>

<izzyloveslizzy: HEY I DIDN'T KNOW I USED FOUL LANGUAGE ANYWHERE; SORRY IF I DID; IT MUST'VE SLIPPED OUT BY ACCIDENT; I USUALLY EDIT MY POSTS SEVERAL TIMES TO MAKE SURE I DIDN'T USE FOUL LANGUAGE ANYWHERE OR DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING THAT WASN'T ACCURATE OR UP-TO-DATE; MY APALOGIES; I GUESS I MUST'VE USED FOUL LANGUAGE WHERE YOU PUT THE ASTERISK; MY APALOGIES....>

my money would buy a X5 4.6is before any sorta porsche wanna be VW based SUV.

you buy an SUV to haul, tow, and offroad, you buy a sports car or sports sedan to do what most Cayanne drivers will do with their cars.

• 3 Wochen später...

Okay, I have a friend who picked up a Cayenne. She opted to buy the S model and forgoe the turbo and the extra 30K. A quick impression from a non-bias guy.

After checking it out in some detail, I must say that I am pretty impressed. The power is very impressive even without the turbo. And the handling is absolutely phenomenal. It is much roomier on the inside than it looks from pictures. It is comfortable from a drivers and passengers standpoint. This is not a disappointing vehicle at all. It drives, feels and peforms like you would expect from any car from Porsche.

Personally, I would still take the 71K and do what I am with my car, or purchase a 911. But for those that want a "Performance SUV", I couldn't imagine anything more fitting. As much as I would like to compare it to the BMW, I can't since I haven't been in one.

I do think that before people continue to judge on pictures, they need to find one to test drive. Even if you are not fond of it's looks, the drive might change your opinion of the car overall. I wasn't fond at first, but the looks started to grow on me. And now, I think it is a very fine automobile, and can see where they will have no problem holding a niche in this industry!

...to judge Porsche? First of all you don't know **it about cars! You don't like the design? - you cares what you think! It's an amazing machine!

Uuum actually I'd like to think I do because my father is a car mechanic, not one of them modernday mechanics who just hook up a computer and it tells them what todo, when he was 14 he was hired by a garage as a helper and from that day on he stayed in the bussiness. I grew up around cars all my life and I'm pretty darn sure I could service one.

Who cares what I think? Who cares what you think?

Personally I really do not like Porsche. It's not that they don't make good cars it's just the image they have. Every idiot with a little cash, every women, every rich kid who doesn't know jack about cars seems to be buying a Porsche.

Do you know a company called V3? They're the guyz who used to have those domains go.to come.to. They were a Dutch company untill they sold the company to Fortunecity for 300 mil. I just happen to know the 3 guyz who used to own that company. After they sold the company they got 100 mil each and what did they do? They all bought the same Porsche Boxter! The chasis numbers were sequiential. The guyz have 300 mil and the first thing that comes to their mind is Porsche?! WITH TIPTRONIC S!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH!

The other day I was talking to a women co-worker and she told me that she was "Saving up for a porsche", so I asked her why a Porsche and her only reply to this was: "Because it's a Porsche". "Saving up for a Porsche" You won't hear anybody say: "I'm saving up for a Ferrari or Lambo".

I even once argued for hours with one idiot at the pub, he claimed his Porsche could beat any BMW M because his car was a Porsche. That was his only argument "It's a Porsche it's better then any BMW". Boy was his face red when a charged M3 left him in dust.

When I see a Ferrari or a Lambo driver (rarely happens) they're all cool and civilized, just rolling along, when they see somebody staring at the car they put on a little show make the negine scream or something. BUt when I see a Porsche driver (and that happens all the time) they act like they're somekinda Hollywood star! Stereo up on high, burnouts, donuts, make the engine scream at the trafficlights. I guess this is because of the fact they can barely afford a Porsche or are happy they can finaly afford a Porsche so they somehow have the need to pimp it out infront of everybody: "Hey look at me I have a Porsche!".

I really don't want to be associated with those people. What happend to the good old days when Porsche used to be an exclusive brand and the only people buying a Porsche bought it because of it's superior enginering, not because "It's a Porsche". Somehow these idiots seem to think that the name Porsche makes the car go faster.

The latest move of Porsche to produce an SUV is just proof that Porsche is planning on giving in to these people. And that's why I do not like the Cayene. Not because of it's design, not because of it's engine but what it stands for. It stands for idiots buying a car because "It's a Porsche" without knowing why it's better and what the specific characteristics of that car.

/edit:

After I've test driven the car (I am curious to what Porsche made) I will be happy to post an objective piece about it. Still I would never ever buy the car. Like I said Porsche makes good cars because they have some of the worlds finest engineers working for them, but the image that comes with the car just does not suite me.

btw. Has anybody ever noticed that the name Porsche has somekind of poltergeist ring to it? It's a name somebody could wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat.

Ferrari has a friendly ring to it (Hi Ferrari), Lamborghini has a ruff and tuff ring to it (I'M LAMBORGHINI, FEAR ME!) but Porsche... sounds like something is haunting you! Porsche... Pooorsche... POOOOOOOOORSCHE!!

...I want to apologise!!! To you, GIR and to all that felt the same way you did,everything I said - sorry! You're all right! I want you to know that I'm not like all these people you wrote about!I'm inspired by Lamborghini too, don't get me wrong - I'll have one day that beast! Only a complete idiot buys Porsche BECAUSE of the name! - I don't appreciate that! I know what is it to feel the engine behind, to have trust in your car and to be sure it won't mislead you! Porsche gives that strenght! You're right to say that the first thought of a yupee is that car - 'let's show everybody what a man I am - I have a Porsche - stereo up - DMX - donut here, burnout there - I'm the king of the world! ' - I see them almost every day! No matter If I like them or not - those idiots exist. What can I do about it? - why should I do anything? - as long as there are people like that (sheeps) - we'll be the wolves, right! If you don't mind, I want to know your opinion on the topic "Name the car", please!

• 1 Monat später...

my biggest problem is that this car is from a world renouned <u>SPORTS<u> car company not Sport Utility Vehicles. I mean it may be faster than most other SUV's but that will never be used on a race track. For the same price you can get two suburbans or a carrera. Both of these options would make more sense in my mind

Porshe shouldnt make the Cayenne.

Before it was made, all porshe models were models that all people liked. No one could say that a porshe model was ugly and that was a fact that few other makes have.

Now it has been broken with the Cayenne because there are many who dont like it.

I think it was ok with sportive models.

• 3 Wochen später...

I admire Porsche for the Cayenne. Why buy a sports car AND an SUV when you can just buy one that compromises quite well. Of course it's not going to perform like a 911 on the road or a Hummer off-road, but it's a good concept. However I am troubled by the fact that many of the Cayenne's buyers are probably too scared or too comfortable in their suburbs to take it off-road, and that they just want to get it because it's another "cool SUV."

The Porsche Cayenne is an example of how companys are willing to compromise on the integrity of their brand ( assuming they have any at all ) to make some more cash, forgeting their focus so they can cover the market.

Just about everything being made these days are sedans or some kind of truck or a friggin' derivative cross-over peice of crap. People expecting their luxury cars to perform like race cars and their off-roaders to do the same. It's great if you can have your cake and eat it too, but this kind of stuff just waters down the market goofy novelty vehicles with no real purpose. It's why they started reworking Chevy trucks and calling them Cadillacs. :roll: Worthwhile vehicles are created by people, not executives.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...