SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

NEW BUGATTI: 0-300kph in 14s!!!!!!

manu_sachdeva

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 105
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

I agree with you polarfox...I don't think it is possible for the quad turbo W16 Veyron to weigh about the same as the flat six Boxster. If it did weigh that little, I think that 1001 hp would push it to do 0-60 in less than three. I'm not really sure though, that is just my opinion...MV - You may be right about the weight, you may not. Either way, I've seen some other posts of yours that I am a hundred percent sure aren't true. Make sure you are clear on your info before you post it.

First of all I haven't seen a press release about Bugatti going gold in Monte Carlo. Second of all, even if Buggati had unveiled the car in Monte Carlo without a press release the press would still be all over it, we'd be seeing photo's, specs, etc. I haven't seen none of that.

You really think Buggati would let something like that go unnoticed? Heck we've been seeing more hype then the car , Buggati has been trying real hard to get some attention and now suddenly they unveil the car without informing us.

i am positive, unless the veryon is made out of lighter than air materials, that it does not weight less than my boxster S, which is by the way, a very small car.

the veryon is constructed very similarly to a Murci. A merci breaks 3,400lbs, has 1 torsen differential (vs veyron's 3), has a naturally aspirated V12 (vs a quad turbo W16), has 1 clutch (vs. veryon's 2), and is smaller!!!!

How could veryon be 200lbs lighter?

Oh - but what is this. The number you have found corresponds to the original weight projection back when the Veryon rode on a Diablo VT (or similar) chasis and had a naturally aspirated engine.

I'd like to see how you figure this to be possible, or how you can prove it.

not that i have any capacity to read that language (I take it to czech maybe?) - but it seems like they were mentioning prototype projection specs from 2000? The veryon is not going to be for sale until likely 2004, when it will be sold as a 2005 model year car. 5 years later - a lot can change.

Let's look at it like this. Dry weight on the murcielago (which is a direct relative to veyron) is 1,650kg. Somehow Bugatti is 1,550kg?

(disregaurd my bad metric/standard conversions earlier in this post)

Alright: 1,650kg=3,630lb

1,550kg = 3,410

Murci=580hp

Veyron=987hp

Murci=3.6s 0-60mph

Veyron= 2.9 0-60

murci= 6.26lb/hp

veyron=3.55lb/hp

With nearly twice the horsepower per pound, the veyron can only get to sixty .7 secconds faster - both cars have the same driveline.

You know the Lingenfelter Corvette 750TT has a weight to power ratio about equal to that of the veyron (if the veyron weighs what you say) and that gets to sixty in 1.9.

All I have to say is that the number you are finding does not make sense. I realize some people have put it up, but until i see that number from a truly reputable source, I just can't believe it.

Other people on this post, who have a much better track reccord for finding accurate data are finding much more believable numbers. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

wait....they aren't mentioning the prototype from 2000....you don't understand obviously coz it's czech as you have said....did you see that bunch of new photos?its interior looks altered agains recently seen prototypes...it's production version definitely....

and it has 1001 hp...in europe 8)

as for that vette you have apparently forgotten that it used slick tires so its stats aren't comparable to veyron's...it would hit 100kmh in approx.3s with regular tires...

If you go to the very respectable carmagazine Auto Motor Sport from Germany then you will read the same figures as mv writes.

Further more the presentation of the new Veyron went very well remarked, so get your information better and (very strong rumours) there will be a GT version that not only is more powerfull (1100HP) but also more lighter (less luxury or none).

Have you been to their website? I' don't think so.

Don't compere a CorvetteTT? to any other supercars that has not been modified. It's like comparing a Rembrandt to little boy's drawing.

You will have much more attention with a Bugatti or Ferrari etc. then you will ever have with a Corvette (corvette have a few nice cars though)

You will have much more attention with a Bugatti or Ferrari etc. then you will ever have with a Corvette

Hmm, do you like fast cars for what they are, or because they get people to look up to you and make you feel superior? I think I know the answer to that one... Are you willing to spend an extra few hundred thousand dollars just to show your friends how great you are?

Dylan99 - The best thing about this site is the way that everyone gets along and can have a good time browsing around. Let's not change that by acting defensive about opinions...I am pretty new to this site, just like you are, so I think we should have some respect for people like thepolarfox and other people who obviously know a lot and have made thousands of posts.

thanks rage. I am glad you took our debate on this in the most mature and intelligent way. it's not always people are so mature with me when I get, shall I say - aggressive. thanks.

i have seen the numbers you are posting, and don't doubt someone is putting them out, my only concern is that the best of my engineering knowledge - and based on my extensive reading on the veyron (yes dylan, i have been to their site - no it does not have a curb weight) that number is just really difficult for me to understand. It is possible, and I'll be the first to say, if it is for real, I am severely impressed. that is some first class engineering if ever there was such. My best calculations would put this car around 3,800lbs, but i could definately be wrong.

i like the point you made about supercars. I prefer my little beat up 318i E30 over my newer cars because the feel it has and how tightly it handles. I drive it for the drive, not because I care about how some person thinks of me for my car. I personally think that is what driving is about - and I am glad to hear others think like that.

sorry about my poor interpretation of czech (i am although proud i figured out which language it was :D ). I just sorted out any conjugates and numbers i could find and tryed to correspond them. I guess I have no natural nack for picking things out of czech, oh well. Sorry for misreading that.

to dylan.

I'd really rather you not call anyone on this forum stupid - especially not me. i will give you due respect, and i'd like it in return. I have had my head under the hood of a car since i was 13 years old. Before that i fixed small engines. I have worked on just about every european make that comes to the US, and some that don't, and a few american cars along the way as well. I have studied engineering among other things, and like to think I have a decent understanding of cars. I am no whiz or prodigy, but i didn't just pick up a motor trend last week and claim to be the god of cars. If I say something, i've done my homework, and if i am not sure, I say so. If we find things that conflict, my apologies, it is the nature of the business that manufacturers are secretive, and getting good data pre-release can be hard.

There is nothing wrong with the Lingenfelter 750TT. It is every bit a supercar, just because it isn't a bugatti or ferrari doesn't make it any less of a car. it did that 0-60 run using US street legal slicks. street legal hoosier tires. It runs in 2.4 using a stock performance tire. It is a very very fast car, and deserves respect. I don't agree personally with all of the engineering methods used to arrive at the result, but it is a fast car, and you can't doubt hard numbers. I hardly think John Lingenfelter, the most accomplished GM tuner around, would agree if you called his work finger paint and the work of his counterpart at VW or Ferrari rembrandt. Both of these cars are stunning works of technical art. Just because they are different doesn't belittle one of them. It is like comparing El Greco to Dali, both very good, but very very different.

Few people working in cars can claim to rembrandts, picassos, cezzannes, or renoirs, of these are the colin chapmans, enzo ferraris, henry fords, ferdinand porsche, and gottlieb daimlers. Don't compare someone to these people untill their work has proven itself through time.

can i ask where I can find them? I have tryed bugatti's website, and searches official press releases of theirs, and of volkswagen pertaining to them, and haven't found them yet, where should i look?

I just read this info and knew that I had to post it. I was reading Car and Driver, one of the most reliable resources around, and read that the official curb weight of the production verson of the Veyron is 4100 pounds. Polarfox, that sounds a little more reasonable, doesn't it? It's still lighter than I thought it would be, but definitely believable.

4,100 sounds absolutely correct to me. I trust Car and Driver completely, if they print it, they know it.

I figured it had to come in around 4,000lbs. It is only common sense.

Thanks for putting that up! :)

i have seen 4,100lbs (that is 1,860kg) many many more places (all of them more recent and more reliable) than the I have places claiming 1600kg.

You just think about all of the components going into veryon.

You are dreaming if you find it possible that is weighs 1600kg.

I know a lot of people think the veyron is cool and want it to be the perfect supercar. Unfortuneately it isn't. It is fast and powerful, but it is also stupidly heavy - and that's a fact.

Unless they are making half their components out of lighter than air materials, 1600kg seems to be more fantasy than reality.

Please tell me how Veryon could end up weighing LESS than murcielago - which rides on the exact same platform and has a smaller engine, fewer driveline components, and fewer interior luxuries.

First of all, I sure do hope so that it will be the best car ever. Who doesn't?

Bugatti hadn't in mind to make a car that can go fast on race track but they have made a car that is luxurious and can go very fast. So obviously the weight is gonna be high, lets just wait till the the official numbers are out. The GT version will be much lighter and that version is ment to race.

So there will be some for everyone.

AND STOP WYNING(?) BECAUSE EVERY FAST CAR IS A GREAT CAR

IF YOU WERE GIVEN A VERY FAST CAR BUT IT LOOKS HIDIOUS THEN I WANNA SEE HOW MANY OF YOU WON'T GIVE IT A SPIN!!!

i know it's like fantasy for a car with massive w16..i've got the same opinion and 4100lbs looks corresponding but i've read it in some news and it looks official as well as that 0-100kmh time.

Hey MV! I read it in several more reliable places, "but I know there is no proof to you"... Which sounds more believable, a very small website, probably run by a few fans, or the most popular car magazine in the United States? I don't understand why you believe unreliable sources above popular, well known ones. This is the July 2003 issue, so it must be more recent than that little website you have there. Maybe you just want the credit of finding the official weight. Stop just saying, "it's final," and explain how it is possible. :roll:

firstly, foxie? c'mon now, i don't butcher your name, leave mine alone :roll:

secondly - who doesn't want bugatti to be the best car ever? People who think the philosophy used to built it isn't the best. The colin chapman's of the world who believed that weight was everything to a performing car. People who believe in finesse of design over brute force would likely not be the biggest veyron fans.

Lets see, some no-name site on the internet with nothing really to loose puts out some data they got from who knows where, maybe its good info, maybe its not, if it sounds good to the few enthusiasts who run it, why not put it up?

When a multi-million dollar magazine, with circulations in the seven digits prints a story on something, they stake their reputation and the loyalty of their readers on it. If it isn't darn good, it doesn't go. If the number one american car magazine says something, odds are they aren't wrong.

plus, an organization that big can get good inside information much more easily. Let's say you are VW, you want to leak some data on your upcoming bugatti supercar - who ya gonna call? Car and Driver or a fan run seccond rate car site?

I agree with rage, I will admit that I was completey and totally wrong when someone reliable runs the number 1600kg, but as of now, my best engineering knowledge, all I know about cars, and every 1st rate source I can find tells me that 4,100 is the right number.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...