EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

NEW BUGATTI: 0-300kph in 14s!!!!!!

manu_sachdeva

Empfohlene Beiträge

Yeah you're right. To tell you the truth I always presume HP ratings to be in metric-horsepower. I hate the fact that there are two different kinds. It's just confusing for us average joes. But one thing you said may be wrong. I'm not sure, but I read somewhere that the Bugatti Veyron makes exactly one more horse-power than the Cadilac Sixteen. Wouldn't that mean that they've both been measured on the same scale then? I don't know but as you said, it probably doesn't matter at all. Anything over 900HP is probably too extreme to seem like a difference, especially if there's only less than 20 Horse-Power difference.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 105
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Maybe, I don't know if the Sixteen is going to be heavier than the Veyron. I read that the Sixteen is actually going to be relatively light-weight in its entirety. Then again maybe it does outweight the Veyron. But what I like about the Cadillac is that it cheives 1000bhp naturally, without superchargers or turbochargers, or nitrous-oxide injection kits or anything like that. The Veyron on the other hand uses Turbo-Chargers (I'm almost sure). But either way, as I said before, who needs 1000HP? I bet both Bugatti and Cadillac are hard at work right now trying to figure out how to keep their 1000-1001HP monsters from flying into orbit.

the cadillac will be over 4,000 pounds easily, and achieves such a figure through a 13.6L V16 composed of two GM 6.8L V8 small blocks welded together end to end. Bugatti took two 4.0L W8 and welded them end to end (so to speak). Then VW bolted 4 KKK turbochargers (each one pulling from its own Air to Water intercooler) on - and the compression is at a lofty 9.1 (for a turbo). Both of them are going to be using all wheel drive (cadillac will use 4 wheel steering) and wheels larger than 20" diameter - 10 inch width.

One thing for you. Do not even compare a Nissan Skyline to a Bugatti Veyron. You should be shot for even attempting to comapre the 2 cars. Even if you soup up a Nissan Skyline, it will never reach Bugatti's top speed of 406kph (253.75mph). I'm telling you, with this 8-liter, 1001HP, 16 cylinders/quad turbo engine, you can bet it will be the fastest car on the road, nothing will beat it.....not to mention it's 0-300kph in under 14 seconds is just mind boggling.

Yeah hey you're right about that. The Skyline has no place near the Veyron. But I disagree with it being the fastest car on the road. The 2001 Lotec Sirius (making 1334HP) can actually reach a maximum speed of 263MPH (420KPH). And it's acceleration times are at least equal to those of the Bugatti.

Yeah that's true, it will be the fastest car in series (or serious) production. But we were talking about cars on the road, generally. And you CAN have a Lotec Sirius on the road (it's actually road-legal). The only problem is that you'll probably only find one in Germany or something like that. But that still makes my argument valid. The Lotec Sirius will be the fastest car on the road.

• 2 Monate später...
And it's acceleration times are at least equal to those of the Bugatti.

they are not equal to bugatti's...bugatti's 0-62 mph time is expected to be around 2.5s...and lotec hits 62 mph after approx.3.3s...

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo manu_sachdeva,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Bugatti (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

what i have seen is that it will be 1001hp with 945lb/ft. Faster then a Mclaren, going about 252mph or 456kph. Damn fine specs. Not the most beautiful car, but I would love to have one. One thing I want to know about is the handling.

with that driveline, those size wheels, I think it will be up to the task of making the huge amount weight move around the curves fast, i just doubt it will be naturally comfortable with it (it is a very large car)

to:colinsmith:252 mph is 406 kmh....

i believe it'll hit 100kmh in 2.5 coz it was moreorless written on official bugatti's page.....0-100 under 3s,0-200 around 6s...and some american mag wrote about 0-100 in 2.5 time...

Its pronounced VAY-RON. I have the stats here:

Year 2002

Make Bugatti

Base Price est $800 000 USD

Model 16/4 Veyron

Production Not Available

Top Speed 406 kph / 252.3 mph 0 - 60 mph est 3.0 seconds

Engine & Transmission Body / Chassis

Position Not Available Drive Wheels Mid Engine / 4WD

Configuration Quad Turbo W16 Curb Weight Not Available

Valvetrain DOHC 4 Valves / Cyl w/VVT Length 4466 mm / 175.8 in

Displacement 7993 cc / 487.8 cu in Width 1998 mm / 78.7 in

Power 746.5 kw / 1001.1 bhp @ 6000 rpm Height 1206 mm / 47.5 in

Torque 1250 nm / 922.0 ft lbs @ 2200-5500 rpm Wheelbase 2700 mm / 106.3 in

Bore 86 mm / 3.39 in Front Track 1723 mm / 67.8 in

Stroke 86 mm / 3.39 in Rear Track 1632 mm / 64.3 in

Redline Not Available

Steering Not Available

HP / Liter 125.25 bhp per litre Body / Frame Not Available HP / Curb Weight

Front Brakes Not Available

Gear Type 7-Speed Front

Brake Size Not Available

1st Gear Ratio Not Available

Rear Brakes Not Available

2nd Gear Ratio Not Available

Rear Brake Size Not Available

3rd Gear Ratio Not Available

Front Wheels F 52 x 23.5 cm / 20.5 x 9.3 in

4th Gear Ratio Not Available

Rear Wheels R 54 x 32.5 cm / 21.3 x 12.8 in

5th Gear Ratio Not Available

Front Tires PAX 245/690R520

6th Gear Ratio Not Available

Rear Tires PAX335/710R540

7th Gear Ratio Not Available

Front Suspension Not Available

Final Drive Ratio Not Available

Rear Suspension Not Available

Also, for picture follow the link below:

http://www.supercars.net/Pic?s=1&id=249&i=0&p=2002_bugatti_16-4_veyron-1.jpg&y=2002&m=Bugatti&o=16/4%20Veyron

Yeah hey you're right about that. The Skyline has no place near the Veyron. But I disagree with it being the fastest car on the road. The 2001 Lotec Sirius (making 1334HP) can actually reach a maximum speed of 263MPH (420KPH). And it's acceleration times are at least equal to those of the Bugatti.

Your seriously dumb arn't you. Dont make things up just cause the sound good. The 2001 Lotec Sirus makes 1334 BHP, not HP there is a difference. and reaches a speed of 248.5mph. funny how its acceleration is also 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds, while the Bugatti does 0-100 in around 4 secs. So please dont make up info just cause it sounds good. alright. 8)

Does anybody know the exact weight of the Veyron? As you know the weight has alot to do with the handling.

I think the Veyron will be too heavy to outperform something like an Enzo on a track. Unless the track is one long straight of course...

i've heard numbers all over hell - my guess puts it somewhere around 3,800-4,000lbs - i've heard some as low as 3,400 (i don't see how it could be lighter than a murci - but whatever) and as high as approaching 5,000.

4,100lbs is huge. No wonder it needs that sort of horsepower. Anything greater than 3,250lbs is really pushing being a sports car. The laws of physics really work against heavy cars handling well.

you show me where you found that official.

I'll tell you it is bordering on impossible.

Somehow you put a heavier engine, a beafier frame, 2 more differentials, a heavier transmission, larger, heavier driveshafts, and is overall larger than the murcielago - which is on the same platform, yet the bugatti is 800lbs lighter. It doesn't add up. It just doesn't work.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...