SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The Koenig Ferrari F50

Shaunt

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 52
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Wow Roland, I am breathless for one reason alone; I always thought of Koenig as one of the best tuners, but I never knew this.

I saw their cars and I though they were amazing, but it seems there is more to it than what they have on their website.

This changes the way I look at Koenig.

It is still hard to believe that Koenig isn't that good at all.

On 2001-09-05 23:45, Shaunt wrote:

Wow Roland, I am breathless for one reason alone; I always thought of Koenig as one of the best tuners, but I never knew this.

I saw their cars and I though they were amazing, but it seems there is more to it than what they have on their website.

This changes the way I look at Koenig.

It is still hard to believe that Koenig isn't that good at all.

You do not know what ?? That they don't have a professional website ? Please let me know because I am looking forward to bring my F360 to KoenigSpecials.....

Best regards.

A good hint from me. I would visit them in Munich and have a look what kind of company they are. I would always do this if I spend so much money for something.

This is just a general hint what I would do because I had so much problems with the modifications of my old F355 Spider. It was really terrible.

Roland

22+, I'd listen Roland. They don't sound like a great tuner anymore. Maybe Roland can help you find someone better.

I know that causes problems, because there arent many tuners who do work on Ferrari's. In fact, I don't of any other one which will do it for you.

Seb, I don't think they are lying. It depends on the gear ratio they have it set in, and plus, look at the kg/hp ratio, it is 1.47/1, that is so impressive. But we will never know the truth until we some actually tests by car magazines, :grin:.

0-100 km/h 3,0 sec.

0-200 km/h 8,4 sec.

standing 1/4 mile 8,0 sec.

Now, why do they lie about the quarter mile stats? The McLaren F1 runs the quarter mile in 11.1 seconds @ 138MPh, and this car is suppost to finish in 8.0 yet UNDER 124mph?? Cmon.

Cars that run 8's are HEAVY modified , smaller cars with upwards of 1000HP and are designed to DRAG only.

One of the fastest dragster mustang 5.0 ran 7.1 seconds @180MPH and had nearly 1600HP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g0han on 2001-09-24 08:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G0han on 2001-09-24 11:34 ]</font>

The ferrari is actually considerably heavier than a McLaren F1. You would need much more than 800HP to run a 8 sec quarter mile, those times are Pro-dragster times and you wouldnt even achieve them in a car like a ferrari without CONSIDERABLE power and grip to the road.

If i could take a guess, I would say that an actuall quater mile for that car would be around ~11 seconds, give or take a half sec.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g0han on 2001-09-24 17:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g0han on 2001-09-24 17:43 ]</font>

Its all about good setup. Put a set of drag racing tires on the car. Run racefuel with high octane and you can load higher turbo pressure. 9s with that setup wouldnt be impossible. Here in Sweden supras run low tens with 600rwhp and 1800+kgs cars. And with NOS they will make 9s. Down to the 8s is very hard. I think best time with real street tires is hold by a Porsche 993 C2 with a 993 TT enginge. Think the car run 9.18s or something.

Seb, is the Porsche you are talking about the one owned by Eddie "insert last name", hehe, I forget his last name, but he has his own tuning company, and he was caught with stolen Porsche engines. Because his Porsche ran a 1/4 near to what you said, with traps of 160mph.

Gohan, the McLaren has a 4.5lbs/hp ratio, compared to a 3.2lbs/hp for the Koenig. So the Koenig makes more use of the hp compared to its weight. I find it very to believe that the McLaren is only a few tenths of a second slower.

But as Seb, using drag tires, with 113 octane gas, at 2000ft altitude, on a relatively cool day can affect everything.

I'll email Walter Koenig today to ask him about it.

Aha, then it is Eddie.

Yeah, that guy has one crazy Porsche.

But he had to do something stupid and get himself arrested. Last I heard he sold the Porsche.

With the trap speed he had, he should've done some 8's.

With some better tires and Nitrous, I think low eights would be possible. Who knows, maybe a 200 shot, :grin:, of Nitrous who have got him into the sevens.

There is another we have to look for, John Carmack. He is the head of Id software I think, or something like that. He is a major Ferrari fanatic, and I think one of his Ferrari's, I think the F40, has over a 1000hp. He is building another with a extra light frame which he said could be 2lbs/hp, HOLY SMACK, that car would fly to moon, but of course it will be detuned.

All this talk of these supercars makes me sad, since I'll never be able to own one, hehe, :grin:.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaunt on 2001-09-24 23:53 ]</font>

The McLaren F1's HP/WH ratio is 3.9 not 4.5, and that is just the stanard F1. the F1 LM ratio is 3.4, LM is a road going version of the GTR.

F1 Curb Weight : 2496 pounds, 627HP

F1 LM Curb Weight: 2337 pounds, 680HP

Considering that the base f50 is 2,976 pounds, you can assume it is slightly heaver than that with the twin turbo upgrade. AGian, much heavier than The F1. Lets assume it has the same weight, at 2, 976 pounds and even 800HP, the horsepower to weight ratio is only 3.7. I dont know where you guys are geting this 3.2 ratio nonsense..

Lets assume they used drag tires, and slicks, why test the performance on tires that ANYONE who would buy the car would never use? Oh, btw, it doesnt do the 1/4 in 8.0 seconds :razz:

• 2 Wochen später...

HEHEHEHHE

come tickle me if this twin turbo F-50 can run the standing 1/4 miles in 8 seconds!!!! not even with drag tires.

maybe 10 sec will b more realistic. with drag tires the best it would do is in the high 9 sec bracket only!

the fastest production car draging the 1/4 miles i saw was the skyline GTR, one example got it in nealry ~8.45 sec & thats with 4-wheel drive & slicks & nealry 1000hp & WITHOUT NOTROUS !! the time ranges for very modified skylines specially prepared for darg between 8.5 to 9.5 sec :smile:

I saw the videos where they reached these numbers, so its not a rumor or fluke or just a number thrown by anyone :evil:

So stop saying numbers from your own head, if u have the prove show us :smile: I think even Mr. Koenig himself is laughing from this nonsense number :lol:

Awd is not very good for drag racing. You will get problem warm your tires up and will loose some power. Thats why most of the Skylines dont use the front wheels in race. Most Skylines weight is over 1500kg there the F50 wins. Seen some 800rwhp supras that make high 9s with weight around 1700kg so low 9s traps is not impossible for the F50. I would like to hear Koenig own words about that numbers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seb on 2001-10-09 16:44 ]</font>

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...