Lamberko 42 Beiträge

• F40org

F40org 13 Beiträge

• matelko

matelko 11 Beiträge

• cara

cara 8 Beiträge

Hallo Lamberko,

was ist das für ein Auto? Eine Studie zum Stratos? Oder hat hier jemand an einem alten 308er Ferrari rumgebastelt?

Haifisch

Siehe eine Seite vorher den letzten Beitrag von Deltabox!:wink:
Hi

Das ist ein seher shones auto. Sehet vie Carabo uder stratos zero von bertone. Dieses auto ist rar. Hast du noch mehr info uber dieses auto?

Siehe eine Seite vorher den letzten Beitrag von Deltabox!:wink:
Beitrag #100 !!! - Bitte geht doch einfach mal eine Seite zurück....:wink:

Wem Deltabox ´s gepostete Informationen nicht reichen sollten:

Manufactured in 1978: Dome "Zero"

zeroa0zq.jpgzerob2jl.jpg

zeroc5xx.jpg

zeroe6ii.jpgzerod9au.jpg

The first prototype car produced by Dome.

Exhibited in the 48th Geneve Show.

Manufactured in 1979: Dome "P 2"

p2a0dw.jpg

Developed as a Manufactured model of Dome-Zero.

Exhibited in Chicago Auto Show and

Los Angeles Auto Expo in the same year.

Die Firma DOME (Zitat)

Our brand new factory complex, which is currently under construction, will be completed at the end of this year.

DOME has expanded and improved our facilities, and we will be very busy from next year. We are looking for an experienced racing car designer, an aerodynamic engineer, and a race engineer, to work at Maibara City in Shiga Prefecture, Japan.

You will be responsible for the design and development, and race activities for our F3 car, Sport Prototype Lmp1, and All Japan Super GT car(s). Job terms and conditions are negotiable.

newfactoryfromdome7rq.jpg

If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to dome@dome.co.jp.Or Write to,Satoshi Yatani

198-1, Hanajiri-cho, Yase, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, JAPAN

+81(0)75-744-3131 +81(0)75-744-3055

HISTORY: (Zitat)

Minoru Hayashi Born 1945

"Facinated with making things at a very early age, switch from models to radio controlled toys.

Then on to audio equipment and after that bikes. From the age of 16 on I become deeply involved with cars. Not satisfied with simply admiring the form or just driving them, I nearly went to the verge of giving up after finding out the cost and amount of knowhow required to build cars and what I had.

In springtime when I was 19 I met Mr.Thojiro Ukiya at Suzuka Circuit, which I visited on a very regular basis, and he asked me to modify a Honda S600 and make it into a racing car which won it's debut race.

After this it was mostly a hobby but I was able to continue making racing cars. In 1975 I form Dome Co.,Ltd. as a company.

From styling to design and also construction, I have been involved in many different aspects of building cars. But as you can see from the fact that there are no other real racing car constructors apart from Dome here in Japan, it is extremely difficult to cultivate business. So it has gradually become my business to create business. Now I leave the engineering aspects to my able staff, and my current main objective is to create a climate in which we may conduct business in a normal manner."

plaall5cf.jpg

plamono4jf.gif

1.= DOME-ZERO RL, 2.= TOYOTA 88C, 3.= DOME-ZERO,

4.= JIOTTO CASPITA, 5.= TOYOTA DOME 85C,85C-L

In 1965 Minoru Hayashi, the president of DOME, built his first racing car, the KARASU, based on the HONDA S600. This can be said to be the beginning of the history of DOME, which means, when written in Japanese characters, "a child's dream."

Ten years later in 1975 the DOME project was started. The aim was to set up the manufacture of small production sports cars based on the technology accumulated while developing racing cars. In 1978 DOME's first super sports car, the DOME-ZERO, was completed and launched at the 48th Geneva Motor Show. This car immediately became the highlight of the show, spreading the name of the previously unknown oriental carozzeria around the world.

aimg034ol.jpgdomep21wx.jpgaimg044wk.jpg

In this same year DOME was officially registered as a company, and built its headquarters in Takaragaike, Kyoto, to begin full-fledged operations. Our efforts to gain Japanese homologation for the DOME-ZERO and the production prototype P2 were discouraged by bureaucratic barriers for reasons other than legal stipulations. While concentrating on efforts to obtain overseas homologation, DOME had the opportunity to participate in the Le Mans 24-hour race. As DOME staff members were all "racing mad," being a challenger at Le Mans was a tremendously exciting prospect. As a result, we entered cars in the Le Mans for the following eight years.

aimg058zj.jpgaimg061oq.jpgaimg078tj.jpg

During this time other automobile manufacturers and related companies became increasingly interested in DOME's vehicle development technology. The initial consignments were mostly display cars for motor shows, but the range of work gradually began to include actual design and engineering as well.

In 1983 DOME began to enter cars in domestic races. The TOYOTA GROUP C CAR, which we had been developing since 1982, competed successfully with a host of other cars, including Porsche. DOME's good results made the Japanese endurance racing scene all the more exciting.

aimg088ld.jpgaimg099kp.jpgaimg105aj.jpg

From 1986 we decided that the ultimate goal was to participate in the F1 Grand Prix and accordingly, our attention was directed to formula races. While we continued to participate in the All Japan F3000 Championship, we started development of our own F3000 chassis, which was intended as a simulation model for an F1 machine.

In 1991 after various prototypes and experiments, we started racing in the F3000 championships with our own DOME car.

Meanwhile, the range of consignment work from automobile manufacturers, which was at the outset mostly the fabrication of display cars for motor shows, expanded to include new model planning, designing, prototype development and production engineering.

Along with business expansion, we moved our headquarters and provided it with a full line of facilities in 1987. The long awaited 25% wind tunnel was also completed and the environment for research and development improved dramatically.

Such developments enabled us to develop the super sports car CASPITA, a solar powered car for an electricity company, and development of an EV car. The wind tunnel facility, which was developed at DOME, earned enormous praise, thus bringing in contracts to build wind tunnels.

In 1991 we expanded our headquarters to include a new building complete with exceptional facilities for development, such as an NC modeling facility and a CFRP processing oven.

In 1994 after our fourth challenge with our own chassis, we were able to win the All Japan F3000 Championship and immediately started development of the first wholly Japanese F1 prototype. Testing began right after completion of the car in 1996. At the same time we became involved in the development of racing cars for HONDA: from 1995 we were in charge of aerodynamics for the JTCC ACCORD and from 1996 we started development of the NSX JGTC chassis and achieved good results with both.

In 1998 we were contracted by HONDA to develop a formula car for an oval course and a small-sized formula car for a racing school. This small formula car became the first mass production racing car for DOME, opening the door into yet another new area of business.

Because a limit was reached at around that time in the growth of the domestic race industry, DOME established DOME Cars Limited in Britain in December 1999 in order to become active in Europe, the home of auto racing. We participated in the racing car show Autosport International held in Birmingham as the first Japanese racing car constructor. Our products became a focus of attention at the show.

In this same year, we constructed the DOME Tunnel in Maihara, Shiga Prefecture, a 50% scale wind tunnel experiment facility essential for an F1 constructor. Moreover, in 2001, we established DOME Carbon Magic Co., Ltd. in Mishima, Shizuoka Prefecture, for carbon composite development and manufacture. To become the world's leading racing constructor, DOME is accelerating its progress in engineering abilities and facilities. DOME Co., Ltd. carries out car styling, design, development and racing activities on a small scale but actively under its own policies and methodology without being constrained by precedent, thus receiving attention as a unique and distinctive company in the ever-evolving automotive industry.

FORTSETZUNG FOLGT!!!

...FORTSETZUNG:

Die Firma DOME:

The KARASU:

karasua2zu.jpg

"The KARASU was the real beginning of DOME's history.

In 1965, when I, a young Minoru Hayashi, was going through a serious "hunger" for making cars, Hiroshi Fushida, who was a classmate and later a Toyota works driver, called to tell me that Tojiro Ukiya, who was a mutual friend of ours and later a legendary Japanese racing driver, wanted me to remodel his HONDA S600 into a GT car.

I immediately saw Tojiro to make arrangements, and found that we had only 60,000 yen to spend (about US$170 at the then exchange rate), being about 200,000 to 300,000 yen today. Everybody was poor then, anyway. Since there was not much time left before the target race, we decided to focus on weight reduction and to aerodynamically improve the car's shape (mainly drag reduction, for there was no concept of "downforce" in those days), and fabricate a hardtop with a nose cone and fastback styling. I, then at 19 years of age, started fabrication from nothing; no money, experience, factory, staff, or time. After much difficulty I 'borrowed' a garage from a friend to use as a workshop, but was soon kicked out due to the overpowering odor of FRP. I had no choice but to try to work on the bed of a borrowed truck. Finally, having nowhere else to go, I decided to work in my room, where I sanded down FRP using a sander, causing the resulting white powder to cover the paintings of my father, who was an artist. This led to us quarreling. Under such circumstances and through such a process, which was anything but "racing car development," the car finally took shape the day before the race.

Halfway through the fabrication process, the S600 was taken to a different place for underbody improvement, meaning that the car was not available to me at the critical stage of alignment. Therefore I felt it would be almost impossible to mount the FRP parts I had fabricated onto the car, especially when I found there were misalignments of 2 to 3 cm. However, Tojiro managed to mount them by drilling into the body of his new S600 and we barely made it to the race, as is well known among Japanese racing circles.

Mounted on the white body, the messy FRP parts were eye-catching certainly, but in a negative sense. Noting this, Hirotoshi Honda, who became a friend of mine around that time and is currently President of Mugen Co., Ltd., said, "It'll be cool if it were anti-glare coated like a fighter plane!" and bought a can of flat black paint. We painted the whole car using brushes, somewhat hiding the roughness of the finish.

Owing to its coal-black appearance and its sharp nose, over the course of time the car came to be known as "KARASU", meaning crow. On its debut, the KARASU won its first race at the Suzuka Clubman Race."

1989 JIOTTO CASPITA

n0020e4jk.jpg

caspitaa1kr.jpg

Developed as a super-sport car to be

mass-produced under the contract

with Jiotto.

Dome-Racing:

motorracing8ac.jpg

Normally, European racing car constructors do not directly participate in racing activities as works teams, since they are afraid that if they do, general car users tend to look to them as being race-only companies. Then, why is DOME is taking part in racing activities although it is a racing car constructor? This was simply because at the outset there was no team that intended to use our products or technology. In recent years, we have developed our own style of activities combining racing car development and racing activities, in line with the F1 regulations stating that participating teams are confined to racing car constructors. This is ideally suited to the development of HONDA's NSX of which we are currently in charge; development, testing, racing and improvement activities are synergistically combined to form a cycle in the most effective way.

Since we have no intension of entering our DOME S101 and other commercial racing cars for overseas markets into races as works cars, our racing efforts will continue to focus on domestic races. Accordingly, as a result of our thorough commitment to racing activities as a racing car constructor, the DOME Racing Team makes a clear distinction in terms of overall competence by incorporating the development of a variety of racing cars, the application of aerodynamics experiment results to racing, data collection and analysis using various instrumentation systems, a sophisticated racing system including designer- and engineer-led car settings, competitive racing strategy planning and driver control by staff with accumulated experience in racing, sponsor-finding and public relations.

FORTSETZUNG FOLGT

Firma DOME

...FORTSETZUNG:

DOME UNDER COWLING (1995)

This was an ultimate aero part we produced after spending 2 years for the development (because the staff in the development section was turning their back on the project as usual), it was an unfortunate project which was put on hold right away - the product was completed when the enthusiasm of the staff had already died down, only inquiry we received was from friends of motor sport magazines, no inquiry from the public in spite of the press release and advertisements.

Right after we decided to stop the sales of the product, we received an inquiry from a consumer who was interested. We talked with him and found out he worked in R&D section of a car manufacture and he wanted to use it for test.

As we had already stopped the sales, we sold it to him at a true cost. Few months later, we heard from him about the tests he carried out. He was amazed to see how accurate our official figures were - the figures they got from all tests were as the same as ours. I bet people thought these official figures were just for advertisement and not accurate. If this part was attached to a normal CELICA, the max speed increased by 13.8km/h, generated 91.8kg downforce, fuel consumption was improved by 7.8% (driving on highway at 100km/h as average speed) - because the figures were too good, it is understandable people thought they were only for promotion purposes.

The only mistake we made was the fixed price. We tried to set the price as the same as the general aero parts in the market, and the price became too high as the result of calculating the price based on the cost per dimension.

underc9du.th.jpg

Bitte Bild anklicken!

FORTSETZUNG FOLGT...

...FORTSETZUNG:

Dome "Zero":

zero4bd.jpg

domez28kl.jpg

zero23kd.jpg

zero18nh.jpg

Unperturbed, the Dome organisation created a second prototype, the P2, in the hope that the supercar would sell internationally. The improved P2 was built and exhibited at the Chicago Auto Show and Los Angeles Auto Expo in 1979 recieving glowing reviews from the American "Road & Track" magazine.

Hayashi realised that a racing pedigree would enhance the appeal of the car and the Dome brand and decided to build a racing version to enter into the Le Mans 24 hours race in 1979. The result was the Dome Zero RL.

The racer was built to Group 6 specifications with the 2.8 Nissan engine of the road car replaced by a 480 bhp Ford Cosworth DFV.

The car was debuted in May 1979 at the Silverstone 6 hours race as a warm up for Le Mans. With the British driver pairing of Chris Craft and Gordon Spice, the Zero was quick from day one and it's speed was rewarded with third place on the grid.

Various problems during the race saw the car come home 12th, 40 laps down, but the team were optimistic because the qualifying position and race finish had proven the potential speed and reliability of the Zero.

At Le Mans in June, fuel feed problems forced retirement after only 6 hours but the team vowed to return the following year.

Dome "P 2":

p23bx.jpg

domez39xf.jpg

p223of.jpg

p215sz.jpg

...FORTSETZUNG.

Dome Company (Zitat von "midengine-motorsports")

In 1965 Minoru Hayashi built his first racing car. It was based on the Honda S600 sportscar, which had first appeared the previous year, and in the early 1970s he began to produce the first single-seater chassis for Japan's 500cc formula. In the late 1970s Hayashi established an associate company called Dome, the intention being for this company to manufacture cars with small production runs, using racing machines to develop the technology.

The first Dome appeared in 1978 and was called the Dome Zero.

domezero4xp.jpg

It was launched at the Geneva Motor Show and was followed by the Dome P2, although neither was given type approval by the Japanese Government and so did not go into production.

p2b3ch.jpg

p2d9oe.jpg

p2c4rq.jpg

Dome entered Le Mans in 1979 with drivers Chris Craft and Gordon Spice. This was followed by the Dome Zero RL80 and RL81 models.

In 1980 Hayashi decided to build a Formula 3 car - which was designed by Masao Ono - who had previously been involved with the Kojima F1 program. The Hayashi 803 followed conventional F3 designs of the time and was followed by the Hayashi 320 in 1981 with which Osamu Nakano won the Japanese Formula title. Ono then switched to Dome to work on the sportscar designs and Hayashi Racing switched to Ralt chassis to win the Japanese F3 title with Kengo Nakamoto. The Hayashi 321 did appear briefly in Europe with Nakano driving.

The 1984 Hayashi 322 was a success and Shuji Hyodo won the Japanese F3 title in one of the cars. There were further cars in 1985 and 1986 but neither was successful.

The Dome sportscar program continued in sportscar racing and in the late 1980s Dome also began designing chassis for TOMS. In 1987 Dome began competing in Formula 3000 in Japan, having decided that the ultimate goal for the company must be Formula 1. The first design was built in 1987 although the team entered Jan Lammers that year in a March 87B. In 1988 Dome established a separate company called Jiotto Design to design cars. This had its own 25% windtunnel (formerly used by the Japan Automobile Research Institute (JARI), CAD CAM and autoclaves.

Dome continued to race in F3000 with drivers Lammers, Keiji Matsumoto, Ross Cheever and Thomas Danielsson until 1992 when Marco Apicella was signed to drive the new Dome-Mugen F103. In 1994 he won the All Japan title. The Formula 3000 program continued until 1998 with Shinji Nakano, Katsumi Yamamoto and Juichi Wakisaki but without much success.

At the start of 1995 Tadashi Sasaki, the team manager of Minardi, joined Dome and that autumn the company announced its plan to enter F1. Akiyoshi Uko designed the Dome F105 and Sasaki organized a deal for Dome to buy the Minardi semi-automatic gearbox and its hydraulic system. Apicella began testing the car in the summer of 1996 and the work was later taken over by Nakano and Naoki Hattori. Dome was hoping for a supply of Mugen Honda F1 engines but the announcement that Honda was entering F1 with British American Racing may have ended Dome's F1 hopes. - End!

DOME-O (=Zero) (Zitat von "midengine-motorsports")

domezero7qb.jpg

A Dream Car For Grownups

Life would be dreadfully dull without dreams and without those ambitious and daring people who transform them into reality.

Within the form of this wedge-shaped beauty rests the fantasies and hopes of a small, creative group of Japanese auto designers. The Dome-O (Dome meaning children’s dream in Japanese) reflects the fondness for 4-wheeled vehicles its creators have harbored since childhood.

The Japanese auto industry has greatly impressed the world with its many successes of late, but these have been restricted only to the area of high-volume production vehicles. Among the esoteric ranks of Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini there exists not a single entry from the land of the rising sun. In the words of the Dome-O designers, “Japan now produces no cars that give us a sense of pride-no cars that can give dreams to the boys. Their styling changes as abruptly and unsystematically as items of merchandise sold in supermarkets. They have no design philosophy and no identities of their own.” Major Japanese auto manufacturers apparently have no intentions of turning their energies to the construction of a truly exotic vehicle, so enthusiasts had no choice but to band together and build their own dream machine. Enter the Dome-O.

Introduction of the Dome-O at this year’s Geneva Auto Show came after three difficult years of design and planning. It was in October 1975, that Minoru Hayashi, representative director and president of Dome Company, Ltd., initiated preparations for the formation of the company. Its main goal from the start was to build a small number of highly specialized vehicles for a select number of appreciative buyers.

Hayashi (also recognized as the man who pioneered the development of prototype racing cars in Japan) and his associates soon found that getting their dream from the drawing board to the street would be no simple task. The Japanese government enforces the same set of construction and operation standards on all manufacturers. There are no exceptions for small-volume producers.

While Hayashi and company had extensive experience in the construction of racing cars, they found their lack of experience with street cars to be a handicap. So, one of the first moves they made was to purchase a Ferrari 308 and examine it from every angle in terms of performance and construction.

By the time Dome Company was ready to sit down at the drawing board the following conclusions had been reached: the Dome-O should clear all current and proposed Japanese legal restrictions; it should pass the requirements of other potential markets; it would be powered by a Japanese-made engine; major considerations would be given to handling, stability, performance and wind resistance; the styling would have no other restrictions than those mentioned above.

domezero14me.th.jpg

(Zum Vergrößern Bild anklicken)

The goals of Dome Company seemed to be in direct opposition to those of the government. “It seems that the ultimate target of the lawmakers will be struck when we make cars that do not run,” came the reaction from a company spokesman. But, despite the problems and legal obstacles that had to be overcome, the dedication of the Dome Company, which numbers only 12 members, triumphed and the Dome-O car became a reality. It was not the final product of the operation but rather a prototype that would be used for refinements in the production version, Dome-1. However, the Dome-O would be subjected to all government testing and if it proved to be unsuccessful, the project would be killed.

With a height of only 38.6 inches the Dome-O has the dubious distinction of having the lowest silhouette of any car in the world today. (One benefit of this small stature and wedge shape is a drag coefficient of only 0.37.) Its body is of an all steel monocoque construction with an integral roll bar and impact absorbing bumpers front and rear. Driver and passenger placement is as far to the center of the vehicle as possible to allow for optimum protection in the event of an accident. The seat bases also function as cross members to help increase the rigidity of the chassis. The doors resemble the gull wing design but open upward and forward.

The engine featured in the Dome-O at the Geneva show was a U.S. spec Datsun 280 6-cylinder mated to a ZF 5-speed transaxle. However, the builders note that once production begins, a variety of power plants will be available to suit the demands of various markets. Braking is supplied by discs all around. The tires are 185/60VR 13 inches up front and 255/55VR 14 inches out back. An interesting feature of the car is its computer-like dashboard with digital readouts. It is by far one of the most sophisticated systems yet to be seen.

Whether the proposed January 1979 introduction date for the Dome-1 will be met remains to be seen. Until then, we can only admire how far the project has come and hope that Dome Company holds onto their dream, because they’re not the only kids at heart.

Excerpt from Motor Trend’s Sports Car Graphic 1978

Bodywork

Type: 2S FHC

Number of doors: 2

Dimensions & weights

Wheelbase: 2400 mm / 94.5 in

Track:

........Front: 1400 mm / 55.1 in

........Rear: 1450 mm / 57.1 in

Length: 3980 mm / 156.7 in

Width: 1770 mm / 69.7 in

Height: 980 mm / 38.6 in

Ground clearance: 130 mm / 5.1 in

Curb weight: 920 kg / 2028 lb

Aerodynamics

Manufacturer: Nissan

Type: S-6, SOHC, 12 valves total, 2 valves per cylinder

Bore × stroke: 86.00mm × 79.00mm / 3.39 in × 3.11 in

Bore/Stroke ratio: 1.09

Displacement: 2753 cc / (167.998 cu in)

Unitary capacity: 458.83 cc/cylinder (Catalytic Converter)

Max. Output: 145 PS (143.0 bhp) (106.6 kW)

Coolant: Water

Main bearings: 7

Aspiration: Normal

Compressor type: N/A

Specific output: 51.9 bhp/litre = 0.85 bhp/cu in

Performance

Power-to-weight: 155.43 bhp/ton

Chassis

Engine location: Mid

Tires F: 185/60 VR 13

Tires R: 255/55 VR 14

Transmission: 5M

Drive: RWD

The Dome P-2 (Excerpt from Road & Track, September 1979)

p2e8nj.th.jpg p2045ip.th.jpg p2053zn.th.jpg

(Zum Vergrößern bitte die Bilder anklicken)

In Japanese “Dome” means a child’s dream, and if ambitious plans of a group of Japanese enthusiasts come to fruition, a select few may find their own dreams fulfilled via this new exoticar. The P-2 as its name suggests, is the second prototype from Dome Co. Ltd, and it’s expected to be followed by a limited production run of 30 cars over the next three years. The Dome is very much in the modern exoticar idiom, with mid-engine, impressive performance and swoopy styling that’s bound to attract attention wherever it goes. After our day with the car, we came away recognizing its potential for dream fulfillment and, perhaps more telling, its feasibility for production.

The P-2 comes from a company formally established less than two years ago, with its predecessor the Dome Zero, making its debut (and causing quite a stir) at last years Geneva Show. In its native Japan, Dome Co. Ltd. produces auto accessories including seats and wheels (both the –2.road and steering variety). and now expansion into the U.S. market is underway. In a sense I think of the P-2 as something of a rolling ad campaign. The company lists research, development and production of cars, automotive parts and accessories as its corporate objectives. To back up this impressive list of plans. Dome has family ties with Hayashi Racing, one of Japan’s more successful suppliers of racing and aftermarket components.

But what of the car itself? We’ve seen a fair number of prototypes with potential production problems aplenty, despite high hopes of the people involved. Nor is sheer engineering expertise always sufficient: It’s all too temping to frame out something that’s state of the art, only to find that it cannot be produced. But not so with the Dome P-2. Succinctly, it takes a rather conventional approach to exoticar design, but follows through in a totally professional manner.

Its exterior styling exemplifies this point of view: largely derivative, perhaps, but extremely well finished, especially when you consider the car’s prototype nature. There’s a great deal of Lamborghini Countach displayed in the Dome’s fiberglass bodywork, although several elements come across a bit cleaner than in the Italian design – the rear end and engine cover, for instance. Each car has its share of scoops, louvers and the like but the Dome’s appear rather less tacked on than do some of the Countach’s.

The P-2’s doors swing outward, as well as upward, via hydraulic struts buried in the door panels. The rear hatch opens forward to reveal a longitudinally mounted inline-6; a small removable luggage bay resides over the transaxle to the rear of the engine. Up front, a panel between the pop-up headlights gives access to two thermostatically controlled electric fans drawing air upward through a horizontally located radiator. Air is exhausted through rectangular slots forward of the windshield. Exterior fit and finish are exceptional. Doors latch with a reassuring thonk, panels fit with uniform clearance and the paint (applied by conventional techniques rather than an in-mold process) is flawless, befitting the P-2’s prototype/show car duality. It had just come from the Auto Expo/ Los Angeles for our day of driving and testing.

p2060hh.th.jpg p2071wy.th.jpg

(Zum Vergrößern bitte die Bilder anklicken)

Interior finish is also of a high order, although space is at a premium in the P-2, admittedly with Japanese statures in mind. There are the expected wide sills and layback seats, the latter snug fitting designs also marketed separately by Dome. Sills, floor and rear bulkhead are carpeted in tufted gray; doors, dash and headliner and seats are suede covered. Interior styling is definitely of the space-age genre, and most elements come off very well. Some are familiar; door releases, for instance are from a Toyota Celica. Other bits are Dome designed; the pedals, for example, are aluminum objets d’art in their own right. The steering wheel another of Dome’s aftermarket offerings, is an interesting affair consisting of a thickly padded rim and an aluminum A-frame incorporating two triangular touch switches for the horn.

The handbreak and gearshift are also high style, although the gearshift is perhaps less successful than the handbrake. They’re both rectangular shapes of only passing resemblance to conventional controls of their types. At first glance, the handbrake looks like a reluctantly opening lid for nonexistent center console; it works well enough, however. The same can’t be said for the gearshift: Its smooth plastic touch hardly instills confidence in a linkage that’s a bit vague to begin with. Like many linkages traveling to a rear transaxle, the Dome’s leaves something to be desired in terms of absolute precision, especially in seeking 1st or reverse. With a bit of familiarity, though, shifts can be made as confidently as with several other remote gearboxes that come to mind. The 5-speed shift pattern is in the racing tradition of 1st gear to the left and back, reverse to the left forward, and the remaining four forward gears in a conventional H.

Directly in front of the driver is a bank of digital instrumentation controlled by a microprocessor located above the driver’s knees. Not all of the prototype’s instruments are functional, but the microprocessor has capacity for supporting a full range of trip-computer readouts. One of the P-2’s functioning displays is its tach, an assemblage of tiny red lights winking on in 100-rpm increments as the revs climb. It’s also planned to have an LED (light-emitting diode) readout of 1000-rpm points and another showing mph. None of the P-2’s functioning readouts are particularly bright, by the way, an inherent limitation of instrumentation of this kind. Space permitting, some sort of recessed location would be beneficial.

To the driver’s right on the dash is a second binnacle housing touch controls for parking lights, headlights, high beam, wiper, rear-window heat and hazard. On the binnacle’s inner surface (the left side of this right-hand-drive) lie two proximity switches for the directionals. These are conveniently positioned for the driver’s outboard hand, and are actuated without direct contact: Pass your hand downward past them for a right signal; up past the pair for left. A square button inboard of the steering wheel on the dash cancels the signal if needed. The passenger side of the dash contains controls for heat, ventilation, air conditioning and radio. Speakers fit into the rear bulkhead on either side, ashtrays are in each sill and side windows are fitted with small tollbooth hatches operated electrically.

All in all, there are comfortable if cozy accommodations for two, provided neither is more than 5 ft 8 in. tall. Otherwise, it’s you who does the accommodating. Speaking personally as a six-footer, I managed to fit into the P-2, certainly enjoyed the special treat of driving it, but didn’t try to convince anyone I was especially comfortable while doing so. I’m told that production Domes will have narrower sills, lower seats and commensurately more space devoted to occupants.

Beneath all this lies a chassis of welded square-section steel tube. Front suspension features unequal-length A-arms of stamped steel welded into box sections; coil springs are concentrically located about adjustable Hayashi shocks, and an anti-roll bar completes the layout. Steering makes use of a Honda Accord rack-and-pinion unit. Rear suspension is similar to the front, with Dome-designed cast aluminum hub carriers located by unequal-length A-arms, suspended by coils and damped by another pair of Hayashi shocks. A rear anti-roll bar is also fitted. Front brakes are mounted outboard, with ventilated discs of Dome design and caliper assemblies from the Subaru Leone. The inboard rear brakes have Dome-designed solid discs and similar Subaru calipers.

The P-2’s engine is a Nissan L-28E inline-6, same powerplant as in the Datsun 280ZX. The Dome, though, uses triple twin-choke 40-mm Solexes, rather than the Bosch L-Jetronic of U.S.Z cars. In this trim, the 2753-cc powerplant produces 145 bhp, up 10 bhp from its U.S.Z car rating. And, what’s more, production Domes are likely to be turbocharged, with either the Nissan mill or Toyota’s inline-6 (the Supra’s) depending on availability from these engines suppliers. Transmission is a ZF 5DS-25/2 and mates with a 4.22:1 final drive. Power gets transmitted to the wheels through halfshafts borrowed from the Toyota Cressida (a version with independent rear suspension not sold in the U.S.), and from there to the ground via Dunlop SP Super Sport 225/60HR-14s at the rear; up front are similar 185/60HR-13s. The wheels are handsome cast alloy designs produced by Dome, and also part of its product line being introduced in this country.

The P-2’s wheelbase is 96.5 in., spot on with that of the Countach it resembles; overall length is 166.7 in., 3.7 in. longer than the (unbumpered) Italian exoticar. The P-2’s bumpers, by the way, are urethane, and while we didn’t have the regulation handy at the time, we’re a bit fearful the Dome’s front protection may not meet the U.S. impact height requirement of 16 to 20 in. The car’s certification process has yet to begin at the time of this writing, so we’ll just have to wait and see. One member of our staff suggested the car be fitted with springs boosting its height, a la MGB, only these would be designed to settle immediately after certification to a properly racy ride height. As it stands, overall height of the P-2 is a sleek 39.0 in.

Driving the car at Orange County International Raceway and later on the highway, we confirmed our initial impressions of the P-2: It’s a well-done prototype indeed. Even though its engine was new-and the Editor used a bit of discretion in getting this one-of-a-kind off the line-the P-2 zipped from 0 to 60mph in 7.6 seconds. Its quarter-mile time and speed were 16.1 sec and 88.0mph, respectively. Dome people along with us for the day said another car, with a less green engine, ran the quarter in 14.5 sec, getting right down into Countach country (our test of the Lambo recorded a 14.6). In any case, we estimate we could have shaved a half-second or so from the quarter by burning off the line a bit more aggressively. Handling around OCIR was of the as-though-on-rails variety, although you get the impression that terminal oversteer will prevail, and not necessarily with a great deal of warning. This, of course, is typical of mid-engine designs in which no forgiving understeer is purposely cranked in; such cars are perfectly balanced, but demand skill to get the most out of them.

The steering displayed a bit of free play across the center-possibly correctable by adjusting the steering damper carried over from the Accord. Once initial input was made, though, the response became quite positive and direct; not overly heavy either. By contrast, controls for throttle, brakes and clutch were each on the stiff side and took some getting used to. The 4-wheel discs were easily up to the task of normal use. However, they exhibited a tendency to front lock and chatter in hard panic stops. Distances were 147 and 274 ft from 60 and 80mph, respectively; hardly what you’d call bad binders, but evidently still in need of some sorting out. Out on the highway among other cars, the P-2’s limited visibility and tight interior make it clear this is a car for deserted twisty backroads, not for running through city traffic. Despite the extremely layback seating, my head wasn’t far from the top of the windshield, and forward visibility was fine. On the other hand, I wasn’t all that far from the rest of the greenhouse either-and this translated into insufficient room for checking those rear quarters.

Thus I found myself depending on the close-mounted convex mirrors more than I’d like. But it wasn’t long before I felt sufficiently at-one to probe a few limits, my own and the car’s. The Dome took to curves in an absolutely flat stable manner. It was steering response and my own g sense that characterized cornering levels, not body roll. The ride wasn’t overly firm, although road irregularities did travel through the suspension and steering pretty much unmolested. All the better, of course, to sense what’s going on down there. I must say as well, the car felt very much unlike a prototype. In fact, there are production cars out there that exhibit considerably more rattles, clunks and the like than those sensed in the P-2.

Sounds emanating from behind my head were not those of a typical inline-6. Somehow, the combination of intake and exhaust blends in a way that says V-8. In fact, our Editor likened it to the sound of a Lamborghini Urraco-a very pleasant sound indeed. Punch the throttle, there’s a delightfully responsive blat behind your head and a reassuring push into the layback upholstery. A treat for all the senses. Ironically enough, this treat may not be available in the Dome’s home market, at least not directly. The car’s strictly 2-seater nature makes it extremely unlikely that the Japanese government’s necessary Type Certification will be forthcoming. In general, cars perceived as “too sporty” have a difficult time.

As for the U.S., if certification goes as planned the first of 30 Domes will go on sale early next year. Price hasn’t been pinned down yet, but $60,000 is an initial estimate. And there may yet be some yen changing hands: Dome U.S.A. President Masahiko Kaneko told me that Japanese enthusiasts are permitted importation of exoticars on an individual basis, and he expects that as many as half of the Domes sold initially in this country may ultimately reside in Japanese garages. Fulfilling, no doubt, the dome of a select enthusiastic few. - End!

P.S.: Den sibernen Dome "Zero" gibt es auch als Modellbausatz.

FU 03494 -- Fujimi -- 1/24

Diverse andere Bilder:

p2038mq.th.jpg

(Zum Vergrößern Bild anklicken)

p2016vg.jpg

p2028wh.jpg

Fortsetzung:

designed by DOME and styled by JIOTTO...

...the CASPITA

Die Geschichte des Jiotto Caspita ist etwas undurchsichtig. Unterschiedliche Quellen geben unterschiedliche Informationen: 8, 12 und später 10-Zylinder-Motoren. - Mir selbst sind aber nur 2 wirklich reale und unterschiedliche Caspita bekannt:

Der erste beige-farbene Caspita-Prototyp hat noch die ovalen Scheinwerfer und den 8-Zylinder.

jiottocaspita91nl.jpg

caspitaint3qa.jpg

jiottocaspita12tw.jpg

n0020e2wk.jpg

jiottocaspita0do.jpg

(zum Vergrößern bitte auf

die unteren 3 Bilder klicken)

caspita016ax2ie.th.jpg jiottocaspita8vz.th.jpg jiottocaspita9yl.th.jpg

Der silberne Caspita hatte vorne damals wesentlich modernere Doppeloval-Scheinwerfer erhalten und vermutlich auch schon den 12-Zylinder. Ich gehe mal davon aus (wegen der gegenüber allen anderen Versionen deutlich moderneren Optik), dass es sich hierbei tatsächlich um die letzte Entwicklungsstufe handelt.

jiottocaspita23tm.jpg

jiottocaspita78bm.jpg

scaspitapics9ay.jpg

scaspita4xc.jpg

jiottocaspita67ru.jpg

caspitaa8bg.jpg

Hier noch einige Bilder die aber zu groß zum posten sind:

jiottocaspita6dv4cc.th.jpg jiottocaspita58xz.th.jpg jiottocaspita83fz.th.jpg

(zum Vergrößern bitte auf die oberen kleinen Bilder klicken)

Meines Wissens nach ist dann aber die Herstellung des 12-Zylindermotors eingestellt worden und es wurde nach einem alternativen Antrieb gesucht. Hier fiel dann die Wahl auf einen 10-Zylinder (laut Firma Weismann). - Allerdings ist mir bis heute nicht bekannt, das (oder ob) dieser 10er dann auch tatsächlich in den Caspita eingepflanzt wurde, denn die Fa. Dome selbst spricht auch bis heute nur von einem 12-Zylinder im letzten Caspita!

Nachfolgend habe ich mal einige Informationen wahllos aus dem Netz gegoogelt.....

Gruß,

Lamberko

:wink2:

JIOTTO CASPITA (Zitat von "autolook")

Jiotto - Japanischer Formel 1-Bolide

Ein spektakulärer Hochleistungssportwagen fährt derzeit auf Englands Straßen. "Jiotto Caspita" heißt der Renner, der in Japan als Einzelstück gebaut wurde. Vier Jahre nach der Präsentation als Concept-Car auf der Motorshow in Tokio Ende der 80er Jahre ist dies das zweite Exemplar eines Jiotto. Die Konstruktion soll - angeblich - ein Einzelstück bleiben. Doch macht in Expertenkreisen das Gerücht die Runde, dass dieser Exote in einer Kleinserienversion gebaut werden soll.

Mehr als 300 km/h sind drin

Die Marketingstrategen versuchten dieses Fahrzeug technisch möglichst in die Nähe der Formel 1 zu bringen, beispielsweise mit dem 3,5-Liter-V10-Motor. Er war für die Formel 1 entwickelt worden, kam in dieser Saison aber nicht zum Einsatz. In der Straßenversion leistet er immerhin 585 PS bei 10750 Umdrehungen. Die sind gut genug für Tempo 300 und für fünf Sekunden, um auf "100" zu kommen. Die Kraft wird über ein quer eingebautes Sechsganggetriebe übertragen.

Kohlefaser macht den Wagen leicht

Der Unterbau des Sportwagens setzt sich zusammen aus einem Verbundmaterial-Monocoque, Aluminumwaben und einer kohlefaserverstärkten Kunststoffhaut. Die eigentliche Karosserie besteht aus Kohlefasermaterial. Vorteil: eine günstige Aerodynamik und ein möglichst geringes Gewicht.

Hydraulische Zusatzfederung mit Einstelloption

Eine hydraulische Zusatzfederung erlaubt eine optimale Bodenfreiheit: Für den Renneinsatz sieben Zentimeter, für die Straße dreizehn. Optimale Bodenhaftung erreichten die Konstrukteure auch mit der flachen, hinten ansteigenden Unterverschalung. Den größten Abtrieb erreicht der Wagen, wenn die Bodenfreiheit auf dem tiefsten Stand eingestellt ist und der hydraulisch betätigte Heckflügel hoch steht (19 Zentimeter).

Die dreiteiligen Magnesiumfelgen sind mit Dunlop-Reifen der Dimension 245/40 vorn und 335/35 ZR 17 hinten bestückt. 1240 Kilogramm Gewicht werden im Verhältnis 40:60 auf die Straße gebracht. Für den Pannenfall sind drei - mit Pressluft bedienbare - Wagenheber in die Karosserie integriert.

Der Jiotto erhielt schon als Entwicklungskonzept in Japan die Straßenzulassung als "F1 on the Road". Kommt er in Serie, sind - nach Expertenschätzungen - für den Renner rund 700.000 Dollar hinzulegen.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Jiotto Caspita is a prototype midship supercar designed and manufactured by DOME Co. Ltd for a company named Jiotto in 1988. The car was billed as the F1 on the Road.

The first car was powered by a Motor Moderni flat 12, a detuned Formula One engine and then in 1990 was stripped and then rebuilt with a Judd V10. Both engines was mounted transverse and was powered through a 6 Speed gearbox built by Weismann. The car first made its debut at the Tokyo Motorshow in the same year, but the project would die out in 1993 due to the global recession which meant lack of demands for supercars. With the Judd engine, the Caspita is capable of 577 horsepower at 10,750 RPM and a top speed of 199 miles per hour, while producing 283 ft·lbf. of torque at 10,500 rpm. The Caspita also features a 6-speed manual transmission, a 0-60 time of approximately 4.7 seconds, and a curb weight of 2734 lb.

Quelle: Unbekannt

Powered by a midship V10 engine, the Caspita is capable of 577 horsepower at 10,750 RPMs and a top speed of 199 miles per hour, while producing 283 ft/lb. of torque at 10,500 RPMs. The Caspita also features a 6-speed manual transmission, a 0-60 time of approximately 4.7 seconds, and a curb weight of 2734 lbs.

Technische Daten (Zitat irgendwo aus dem Net)

Year: 1989

Engine: 3497 cc Flat 12 cylinder

Transmission: 6-speed, manual RWD

(by Fa. Weismann: "We created two different custom 6 Speed Transverse Transaxles for Jiotto / Dome in Japan. The first car had a Motor Moderni F1 Flat 12, then is was canibalized and turned into a second car with a Judd F1 V-10!")

Performance

Max speed: 199 mph

0-60 mph: 4.7 seconds

Horsepower: 450 bhp @ 10,000 rpm

Torque: 362 nm / 257 ft lbs @ 6000 rpm

Power-to-weight: 409.09 bhp/ton

Specific output: 128.7 bhp per litre(2.11 bhp/in³)

Specific torque: 103.52 Nm/litre

Dimensions

weight: 1240 kg / 2734 lbs

Length: 178.5 in.

Width: 78.5 in.

Height: 44.7 in.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Gast Haifisch,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Hi Lamberko und andere CP

Vielen dank fur deinen beitrag. Nur ein wort coooooooooool. Ich mag diese Keilform von Dome 0 aber Giotto Caspita ist eine Wucht. Ich würde gern diese Autos in Wirklichkeit sehen.

P.S.: sorry ich kann nicht gut deutsch schreiben

Ich wurde gern bilder abgeben in forum kann mir jemad sagen wie?

Vielen dank

Hi "cara", erstmal ein herzliches :welcome:

Hi Lamberko und andere CP

Vielen dank fur dein beitrak. Nur ein vort coooooooooool. Ich mag diese keil form von Dome 0 aber Giotto Caspita ist eine vucht. Ich vurde gern diese autos in vrklichkeit sehen.

Danke für das Lob. - Ja dieses typische Keil-Design der 70er und 80er Jahre ist schon klasse. - Auf asiatischen Automessen kann man auch heute noch hin und wieder den Caspita bewundern.X-)

P.S.: sorry ich kant nicht gut deutch schreiben
Kein Problem. Geht schon.:-))!

Ich wurde gern bider abgeben in forum can mir jemad sagen vie?

Vielen dank

Ähh, meinst Du mit "bider" vielleicht "Bilder"? :(

Hy Cara

Lamberko thaught, that it is easier for you to hear how to upload pictures in Englisch:

If this is right and you understand englich better than german, her is the Way how to upload:

1. Upload the pictures at a free picture uploadservice over the internet.

2. Copy the Link of the picture with a new post by using the third sign of the second row from the right site. (GRAFIK EINFÜGEN) is the Name of the button

For Example: a Link that belongs INTO the window of the button looks like this:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4389/jiottocaspita91nl.jpg

Ich hab hier auch noch ein paar pics falls repost sry

fc062b6ee9.jpg

4f4f581610.jpg , ein Ferrari Consiso auf Basis des 348

5c83d23caa.jpg , Oldsmobile Aerotach

ce62a52e3e.jpg , Toyota TTE

5a14b3577e.jpg , Chrysler Cronos

1c0efaf7f8.jpg , Holden Streamliner

afb5a6c6ed.jpg , ???

94d1ed4fb0.jpg , Vision K2

972444f2b7.jpg , Maybach

c851923bf4.jpg , Lancia Stratos

e30507a57e.jpg , Elicia

84967cf7f8.jpg , VW W12

a71f4ed556.jpg , Bugatti EB112

a71f4ed556.jpg , bertone Emotion

Hallo CP fans

Das sind shone autos aber neu. Vieleicht Corvette cerv ist ok.

Ich muchte euch fragen ob jemand hat etwas uber dem Bmw 2800 Spicup von bertone. Ich habe gelesen im ein forum das dieses auto ergentwu im Nederlanden ist. Was ist die varhajt? Ist dieses model nicht beim Bertone oder Bmw? Hat jemand bilder von diesem auto ,sind very rare.

Ich habe verstanden vas mir geraten vird zum tema bilder upload und vil mich dafur bedanken. Kunte mich jemand mit eine kostenlose uploadservice seite beraten? Vielen dank.

• 1 Monat später...

Hallo CP fans

Nach langem suchen habe ich diese 2 photos zum Spicup gefunden und fiele kleine zum Carabo. Spicup sehet so altz es renovirung brauchte. An diese seite vahr geschrieben das es meher als 2 Spicup gibt. Ich wurde sie gern alle sehen.

foto1a7bi.jpg

foto2a5qr.jpg

Ich muchte euch um hilfe bitten. Helfen sie mir mit diese bilder von Carabo. Ich suche sie in besere qualitet, grusser. Diese sin seher klein ich kan sie nich in mein buch geben. Vielen dank.

little3ig.jpg

Grusse euch

• 2 Wochen später...

Hallo,

Ich habe diese Spicup gefunden. Das Auto steht nur 2 kilometer von mein Haus, aber ich kann euch noch nicht sagen wo. Es ist in jedem fall hier in die Niederlände! Und sieht besser aus als auf die andere foto's.

"Bertone"

Schreibe eine Antwort

Du kannst jetzt einen Beitrag schreiben und dich dann später registrieren. Wenn du bereits ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde dich zuerst an.

Gast
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorhergehender Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Neu erstellen...